What you need to know about IPS competitions:
- IPS monthly photo competitions are held in categories defined by format of entries, such as prints or electronic images, and by class, such as Class B - beginner, and Class A - advanced IPS members.
- Competition may have a theme defined for all or selected formats, or otherwise be open (no theme). See IPS Competition Themes document for information on themes for the current season.
- Entries for Electronic Image Competition (EIC) have to be submitted before the midnight on Saturday preceding the competition, unless announced otherwise. See EIC Submission Guidelines for more information.
- Print entries can be submitted before the start of the meeting, between 5:45 and 6:15 pm. All print images need to be matted in a white color mat. You will need to fill out Print Competition Entry Form and submit it with your entries.
- The total number of entries each contestant may submit is four, with a maximum of two each in the electronic and print competitions.
- The guest speaker evaluates, comments on, and selects the winning images. Fifteen percent of the entries are selected in each category, with a first, second, and third prize, and honorable mentions. Monthly winners are later presented at the IPS Annual Exhibit in May.
For more information on competitions see IPS Competition Rules.